From winning Grammys for his unique rapping skills to winning an Oscar for his acting, Will Smith’s career in the entertainment industry has been a hell of a ride. His on-screen performances are always remarkable. No one could hold their tears watching his acting in The Pursuit of Happyness.
As the actor continues to make amends for his infamous Oscar slap, let us explore his career, dating history, height, weight, diet, workout routine, net worth, awards, favorites, and much more.
Will Smith’s Career
Will Smith was born in Philadelphia. He was educated at Overbrook High School, and he began rapping at the age of 12.
While still in high school, he released his first single, Girls Ain’t Nothing but Trouble with DJ Jazzy Jeff and Clarence Holmes, in 1986.
The following year, Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff dropped their debut album, Rock the House, and won a Grammy Award for the song, Parents Just Don’t Understand.
The duo released four more studio albums and a few compilation albums before they stopped performing regularly. Their most recent gig was at Smith’s 51st birthday in 2019. Will had a decent solo music career with four studio albums under his name.
In the late 1980s, Smith was charged with tax fraud as he had $2.8 million worth of income tax to pay. This resulted in him going broke, and right when he was struggling to make ends meet, he bagged his debut acting role in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in 1990.
Additionally, he has guest starred in ABC Afterschool Special, Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child and All of Us.
Will Smith’s first film, Where the Day Takes You, hit the theaters in 1992. He has since acted in many blockbuster hits, including Bad Boys, Men in Black, Wild Wild West, Ali, Bad Boys II, I, Robot, Hitch, The Pursuit of Happyness, I Am Legend, Hancock, After Earth, Suicide Squad, Collateral Beauty, Aladdin, Bad Boys for Life, and others.
Smith bagged Oscar nominations for his outstanding performance in Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness.
Smith has also produced several movies and TV series such as Ali, The Secret Life of Bees, The Karate Kid, Annie, Bad Boys for Life, The Queen Latifah Show, Cobra Kai, Women of the Movement, and others.
His latest acting role was in King Richard, in which he portrayed Richard Williams. Smith also produced this sports film which followed the life of Richard Williams who is the father of Serena Williams and Venus Williams.
Currently, Will continues producing the series Cobra Kai and Bel-Air, a reboot of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Will Smith’s Height and Weight
Whether in that dapper suit he wore in Men in Black or the police uniform in the Bad Boys movies, Will Smith always looked stunning with his tall and athletic physique. His height is 6 feet and 2 inches or 188 cm (1.88 m), and he weighs 82 kg or 181 pounds.
Smith manages to look remarkably fit for all his roles by consuming a diet that is high in proteins and cutting down on carbohydrates. And he has the occasional cheat days too.
Will Smith’s Dating History
Will Smith’s first relationship was with Garcelle Beauvais, whom he dated in the early 1990s. The Real House of Beverly Hills star revealed this while Smith’s ex-wife, Sheree Zampino, appeared in an episode of RHOBH.
The actor was married to Sheree Zampino from 1992 to 1995. The couple continued to keep in touch for the sake of their son Trey Smith.
The Gemini Man actor then married Jada Pinkett Smith, for whom he divorced Sheree as he was in love with Pinkett. They were wedded in 1997 and have two children: Jaden Smith and Willow Smith.
Smith proved at the 94th Academy Awards that he would go to any extent for his wife, Jada. He publicly slapped Chris Rock, who was presenting on the Academy Award Show, and joked about Pinkett Smith’s baldness. The Smith smack incident went viral.
Later, in July 2022, Smith posted an apology video on his Youtube Channel stating that he had apologized to Chris Rock, but the issue has not been sorted out yet as the comedian was not ready to talk to Smith and that he needed more time.
Smith also clarified that his wife Jada had nothing to do with the infamous slap and that she did not ask him to do it.
- Full Born Name: Willard Carroll Smith II
- Nickname: Willard and The Fresh Prince
- Occupation: Actor and Producer
- Religion: Christian
- Date of Birth: 25 September 1968
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Father Name: Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.
- Mother Name: Caroline Bright
- Siblings’ Names: Ellen Smith, Harry Smith, and Pam Smith
- Spouse: Jada Pinkett Smith (m. 1997) and Sheree Zampino (m. 1992–1995)
- Children: Jaden Smith, Trey Smith, and Willow Smith
Will Smith’s Physical Stats
Throughout his career, Will Smith has maintained a healthy and fit body. His chest size is 42 inches, waist size 33 inches, and arms/ biceps size 16 inches.
However, like most people, Smith put on some quarantine weight and was determined to shed those extra pounds. He shared his weight loss journey on his social media which included his gym workouts and even training with the American football team, Miami Dolphins.
|Height||6 feet and 2 inches or 188 cm (1.88 m)|
|Weight||82 kg or 181 pounds|
|Body Measurements||42-33-16 in or 107-84-41 cm|
|Chest Size||42 inches or 107 cm|
|Waist Size||33 inches or 84 cm|
|Bicep Size||16 inches or 41 cm|
|Shoe Size||11 (US) or 44 (EU) or 10.5 (UK)|
Did Will Smith Have Any Plastic Surgeries?
Celebrities are often making public appearances so people are quick to notice any change in the star’s physical features. This happened to Will Smith when he appeared on The One Show on BBC.
People noticed that he looked different and took to social media to criticize the actor’s looks. Some even suggested that the King Richard actor might have had some work done to his face.
Two plastic surgeons, who looked at his pictures at The One Show, commented that Smith’s skin looked supple and could be through micro-needling or some other cosmetic procedure.
However, neither of the doctors has treated him, nor has Smith opened up about undergoing cosmetic treatments. Thus, it can be confirmed that The Pursuit of Happyness actor has not received any plastic surgeries.
Will Smith’s Net Worth
Will Smith has unbeatable fame and talent that makes him an actor who receives a hefty cheque for each role. He got $100 million just for his role in Men in Black 3. Additionally, he has produced many projects. As a result, Smith has an estimated net worth of $350 million as of 2022.
Will Smith’s Most Loved Things
- Favorite Dish: Tacos and Philly Cheesesteak
- Favorite Sport: American Football and Chess
- Favorite Sports Team: Miami Dolphins
- Favorite Activities: Adventure Sports
Will Smith’s Most Notable Awards And Nominations
- Grammy Award: Best Rap Performance, Parents Just Don’t Understand (with DJ Jazzy Jeff), 1989
- Grammy Award: Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group, Summertime, 1992
- Golden Globe Award: Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 1993, 1994 – Nominated
- MTV Music Video Award: Best Video from a Film, Men in Black, 1997
- Grammy Award: Best Rap Solo Performance, Men in Black, 1998, Gettin’ Jiggy wit It, 1999
- Grammy Award: Best Rap Solo Performance, Gettin’ Jiggy wit It, 1999
- American Music Award: Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Album, Big Willie Style, Favorite Soul/R&B Album, Big Willie Style, 1999
- MTV Music Video Award: Best Male Video, Just the Two of Us, 1998, Miami, 1999
- NRJ Music Award: International Male Artist of the Year, 1999
- World Music Award: World’s Best-Selling Male Dance Artist, World’s Best-Selling Male Pop Artist, World’s Best-Selling Male R&B Artist, World’s Best-Selling Male Rap Artist, 2000
- Academy Award: Best Actor for Ali, 2002 (Nominated); The Pursuit of Happyness, 2007 (Nominated)
- Tony Award: Best Musical, Fela!, 2010 – Nominated
- Screen Actors Guild Award: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role, King Richard, 2021
- Primetime Emmy Award: Outstanding Comedy Series, Cobra Kai, 2021 – Nominated
- Academy Award: Best Actor, King Richard, 2022
- Critics’ Choice Award: Best Actor, King Richard, 2022
- Golden Globe Award: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama, King Richard, 2022
- Academy Award: Best Picture, King Richard, 2022 – Nominated
Fun Facts About Will Smith
Will Smith does not use profanities in his songs because his grandmother wrote him a note telling him that smart people do not need bad words to express their thoughts.
Smith decided to produce Bel-Air as the actor loved the mock trailer a fan, Morgan Cooper, posted on Youtube.
Will Smith used to watch box office hits to learn the skills of becoming a successful actor.
What face shape does Will Smith have?
Will Smith has a heart-shaped face which allows him to pull off a beard.
What color eyes does Will Smith have?
Will Smith has black eyes, which look attractive, especially when he smiles.
What is Will Smith’s natural hair?
Will Smith has naturally black hair. He has also gone bald for a role or two.
Does Will Smith rap?
Yes, Will Smith can rap. He was a Grammy-winning rapper before he made his acting debut.
Does Will Smith have a daughter?
Will Smith has a daughter named Willow Smith. She is a music artist and her songs, like Whip My Hair, are super catchy.
Can Will Smith sing?
Will Smith can sing. He performed the Friend Like Me song in Aladdin.
Can Will Smith speak Spanish?
Yes, Will Smith can speak Spanish. In fact, he is fluent in it.
At what age did Will Smith become a millionaire?
Will Smith became a millionaire even before he turned 18 due to his successful music career.
How much does Will Smith make per movie?
Will Smith typically earns between $20 million and $30 million for each movie. It also depends on the project.
Did Will Smith win an Oscar for Pursuit of Happyness?
No, Will Smith only received an Academy Award nomination for his role in The Pursuit of Happyness in 2007, but he did not win an Oscar.
How many Oscars has Will Smith won in his lifetime?
Will Smith has won one Oscar to date. He bagged an award at the 94th Academy Awards for King Richard.
Where does Will Smith live?
Will Smith lives in Calabasas, Los Angeles with his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.
Will Smith proudly has the most Kids’ Choice Award victories under his belt, and fans have always enjoyed watching his performances and his great sense of humor on his social media. Kevin Hart is another star who’s famous for his witty comedy and acting. Join us to learn more about him now!