Catherine O’Hara has played a plethora of roles, and she has had fans smitten in every one of them. Having performed since the seventies, she has bagged several awards and won over a large fandom who have nothing but nice words to say about her performances.
The Schitt’s Creek actress is undoubtedly an outstanding performer. If you are looking to know more about this star who played Moira Rose in the comedy series, let’s dive into her career, body measurements, net worth, favorite things, and more.
Catherine O’Hara’s Career
Catherine O’Hara was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. She began her acting career with her appearances on Wayne and Shuster in 1975.
She has had cameos on several TV series, including Trying Times, Saturday Night Live, The Dave Thomas Comedy Show, The Outer Limits, Odd Job Jack, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and others.
It is Catherine O’Hara’s many roles on Second City Television in 1976 that put her to fame in Canada. Eugene Levy, John Candy, Andrea Martin, Martin Short, and Dave Thomas were among the many celebrities who played in the comedy series.
Catherine followed this performance with her leading roles in Committed, The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley, Glenn Martin, DDS, and Skylanders Academy.
Among all her lead parts, O’Hara received global acclaim with her role as Moira Rose on the comedy series Schitt’s Creek. The TV comedy, which is set in the make-believe Rosebud Motel, also stars Eugene Levy, Dan Levy, and Annie Murphy.
O’Hara has also acted in a couple of made-for-television motion pictures such as The Last Polka, Hope, Temple Grandin, and others. Her first theatrical film, Nothing Personal, was released in 1980.
Since then, she has had roles in After Hours, The Last of the High Kings, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Right Kind of Wrong, Where The Wild Things Are, and more.
Additionally, she is recognized for playing Delia Deetz in Beetlejuice and Kate McCallister in the Home Alone movies.
Catherine O’Hara’s most recent role was her guest role on the TV comedy, The Kids in the Hall in 2022.
Catherine O’Hara’s Height and Weight
Whether as Moira Rose on Schitt’s Creek or in her red carpet appearances, Catherine O’Hara always looks dashing in her glamorous fashion. Her height is 5 feet 4 inches or 163 cm (1.63 m), and she weighs 57 kg or 126 pounds.
Talking about her eating habits, the actress has unfortunately not shared her diet yet. However, given that she orders dishes like tapas and stuffed peppadews when eating out, it is evident that she tries to eat healthy most of the time.
Catherine O’Hara’s Dating History
Catherine O’Hara is currently married to Bo Welch. The couple, who is loved for their great sense of humor, met on the sets of the film Beetlejuice. In fact, Catherine moved to Los Angeles for him.
They had their nuptials in 1992 and have two children named Matthew and Luke.
Prior to her long-lasting union with Bo Welch, she was briefly in a relationship with her Schitt’s Creek co-star Eugene Levy during their time on Second City Television.
- Full Born Name: Catherine Anne O’Hara
- Nickname: Cathy and Cath
- Occupation: Actress
- Religion: Catholic
- Date of Birth: 4 March 1954
- Birthplace: Toronto, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Father Name: Chares
- Mother Name: Marguerite
- Siblings’ Names: Mary Margaret O’Hara, Michael Patrick O’Hara, and Marc O’Hara
- Spouse: Bo Welch (m. 1992)
- Children: Luke Welch and Matthew Welch
Catherine O’Hara’s Body Measurements
Catherine O’Hara looks fit and mesmerizing with her beautiful curvy figure. Her body measurements are 34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm.
While we would love to know the secrets behind her gorgeous figure, she is yet to share her workout routine.
Catherine O’Hara’s Ample Bosom
Catherine O’Hara has always put forth an attractive appearance since she began acting in the seventies. She looks just stunning with her perky busts of 34 inches, which she flaunts in a bra size of 34B with a cup size of B.
With her perfectly-shaped bosom, the actress brings class to red carpets in her lavish suits and dresses.
|Height||5 feet 4 inches or 163 cm (1.63 m)|
|Weight||57 kg or 126 pounds|
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Body Measurements||34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm|
|Chest Size||34 inches or 86 cm|
|Waist Size||26 inches or 66 cm|
|Hips Size||35 inches or 89 cm|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)|
|Dress Size||2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Natural breasts or implants||Natural|
Did Catherine O’Hara Have Any Plastic Surgeries?
Catherine O’Hara looks flawless in her 60s, so it may be hard to believe that she has steered clear of plastic surgery. She trusts in aging naturally rather than having something done to her face.
The Schitt’s Creek star looks youthful, thanks to her skincare regime and the Triple Crown Facial treatment she gets before special occasions.
Catherine O’Hara’s Net Worth
Catherine O’Hara is a household name in Canada who has been acting for nearly five decades. Besides acting, she has been involved in behind-the-scenes activities such as writing, production, and direction. Her years in the industry have contributed to her many awards and estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2022.
Catherine O’Hara’s Most Loved Things
- Favorite Show: Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In
- Favorite Second City Television Role: Lola Heatherton
- Favorite Dish: Stuffed Peppers
Catherine O’Hara’s Most Notable Awards And Nominations
- ACTRA Award: Best Variety Performance, Second City Television (1978)
- Primetime Emmy Award: Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series, SCTV Network 90 (Episode: Moral Majority Show) (1982)
- Genie Award: Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, The Life Before This (2000)
- American Comedy Award: Funniest Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, Best in Show (2001)
- Canadian Comedy Award: Best Performance by a Female – Film, Best in Show (2001)
- National Board of Review: Best Supporting Actress, For Your Consideration (2006)
- ACTRA Award: Outstanding Performance – Female, Schitt’s Creek (2016)
- Canadian Screen Award: Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Comedic Role, Schitt’s Creek (2020)
- Television Critics Association: Individual Achievement In Comedy, Schitt’s Creek (2020)
- Primetime Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2020)
- Online Film & Television Association: Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2020), Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2020)
- Golden Globe Award: Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy, Schitt’s Creek (2021)
- Critics’ Choice Television Award: Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2021)
- SAG Award: Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2021), Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, Schitt’s Creek (2021)
Fun Facts About Catherine O’Hara
Catherine O’Hara has trypanophobia which is the fear of needles when in hospitals.
Catherine O’Hara’s character Moira Rose inspired her to put on more jewelry in real life.
What face shape does Catherine O’Hara have?
Catherine O’Hara has a round-shaped face that looks stunning in every wig she wears as Moira Rose.
What is Catherine O’Hara’s hair color?
Catherine O’Hara’s hair is naturally light brown. However, she looks attractive in other hair colors.
What color eyes does Catherine O’Hara have?
Catherine O’Hara has lovely blue eyes that make all her characters alluring.
Did Catherine O’Hara win a Golden Globe?
Catherine O’Hara won a Golden Globe for her role in Schitt’s Creek.
Did Catherine O’Hara play in Home Alone?
Yes, Catherine O’Hara played Kate McCallister in Home Alone.
Does Catherine O’Hara speak French?
Though Catherine O’Hara hails from a Francophone country, there is no proof that she speaks French.
Does Catherine O’Hara sing?
Yes, Catherine O’Hara can sing. She sang on Nightmare Before Christmas, Schitt’s Creek, Best in Show, and other shows.
Does Catherine O’Hara live in Canada?
Catherine O’Hara does not live in Canada. She is in Los Angeles with her family.
Catherine O’Hara is a well-loved actress who has established herself in the industry with decades of acting experience. Beverly D’Angelo is another actress who has acted since the seventies. She is known for her roles in Coal Miner’s Daughter, Vegas Vacation, American History X, and other films.